—n. 1. a bathtub.
2. a broad, round, open, wooden container, usually made of staves held together by hoops and fitted around a flat bottom.
3. any of various containers resembling or suggesting a tub: a tub for washing clothes. 4. the amount a tub will hold.
5. Informal.a short and fat person.
6. Naut.an old, slow, or clumsy vessel.
7. Brit. Informal.a bath in a bathtub.
8. Mining.an ore car; tram.
9. Mil. Slang.a two-seat aircraft, esp. a trainer.
—v.t. 1. to place or keep in a tub.
2. Brit. Informal.to bathe in a bathtub.
—v.i. 1. Brit. Informal.to bathe oneself in a bathtub.
2. Informal.to undergo washing, esp. without damage, as a fabric: This cotton print tubs well.