Pronunciation: (twûrl), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/twirl.html on line 71 [key]
1. to cause to rotate rapidly; spin; revolve; whirl.
2. to twiddle: to twirl my thumbs.
3. to wind idly, as about something.
1. to rotate rapidly; whirl.
2. to turn quickly so as to face or point in another direction.
1. an act or instance of twirling; spin; whirl.
2. something convoluted or having a spiral shape; coil; curl; convolution.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.