Pronunciation: (vī-brā'shun),[key] —n. 1. the act of vibrating.
2. the state of being vibrated.
3. Physics. a. the oscillating, reciprocating, or other periodic motion of a rigid or elastic body or medium forced from a position or state of equilibrium.
b. the analogous motion of the particles of a mass of air or the like, whose state of equilibrium has been disturbed, as in transmitting sound.
4. an instance of vibratory motion; oscillation; quiver; tremor.
5. a supernatural emanation, bearing good or ill, that is sensed by or revealed to those attuned to the occult.
6. Often, vibrations.Informal.a general emotional feeling one has from another person or a place, situation, etc.: I usually get good vibrations from him.