—n. 1. the wine from a particular harvest or crop.
2. the annual produce of the grape harvest, esp. with reference to the wine obtained.
3. an exceptionally fine wine from the crop of a good year.
4. the time of gathering grapes, or of winemaking.
5. the act or process of producing wine; winemaking.
6. the class of a dated object with reference to era of production or use: a hat of last year's vintage.
—adj. 1. of or pertaining to wines or winemaking.
2. being of a specified vintage: Vintage wines are usually more expensive than nonvintage wines. 3. representing the high quality of a past time: vintage cars; vintage movies. 4. old-fashioned or obsolete: vintage jokes. 5. being the best of its kind: They praised the play as vintage O'Neill.
—v.t. 1. to gather or harvest (grapes) for wine-making: The muscats were vintaged too early. 2. to make (wine) from grapes: a region that vintages a truly great champagne.