—n. 1. Also,vodun.a polytheistic religion practiced chiefly by West Indians, deriving principally from African cult worship and containing elements borrowed from the Catholic religion.
2. a person who practices this religion.
3. a fetish or other object of voodoo worship.
4. a group of magical and ecstatic rites associated with voodoo.
5. (not in technical use) black magic; sorcery.
—adj. 1. of, pertaining to, associated with, or practicing voodoo.
2. Informal(usually disparaging). characterized by deceptively simple, almost magical, solutions or ideas: voodoo politics.