—n. 1. a building, or a part of one, for the storage of goods, merchandise, etc.
2. Brit.a large retail store.
3. a building, or a part of one, in which wholesalers keep large stocks of merchandise, which they display and sell to retailers.
—v.t. 1. to place, deposit, or store in a warehouse.
2. to set aside or accumulate, as for future use.
3. to place in a government or bonded warehouse, to be kept until duties are paid.
4. Informal.to confine (the mentally ill) to large institutions for long-term custodial care.