—n. 1. an artificial covering of hair for all or most of the head, of either synthetic or natural hair, worn to be stylish or more attractive.
2. a similar head covering, worn in one's official capacity, as part of a costume, disguise, etc.
3. a toupee or hairpiece.
4. Brit. Informal.a wigging.
5. flip one's wig,Slang.See lid (def. 8).
—v.t. 1. to furnish with a wig.
2. Brit. Informal.to reprimand or reprove severely; scold.
3. wig out,Slang. a. to be intoxicated with narcotic drugs.
b. to make or become wildly excited or enthusiastic: She wigs out over every rock star that comes along.