Pronunciation: (wûr'ship),[key] —n., v.,-shiped, -ship•ing or (esp. Brit.)-shipped, -ship•ping.
—n. 1. reverent honor and homage paid to God or a sacred personage, or to any object regarded as sacred.
2. formal or ceremonious rendering of such honor and homage: They attended worship this morning. 3. adoring reverence or regard: excessive worship of business success. 4. the object of adoring reverence or regard.
5. (cap.) Brit.a title of honor used in addressing or mentioning certain magistrates and others of high rank or station (usually prec. by Your,His, or Her).
—v.t. 1. to render religious reverence and homage to.
2. to feel an adoring reverence or regard for (any person or thing).
—v.i. 1. to render religious reverence and homage, as to a deity.
2. to attend services of divine worship.
3. to feel an adoring reverence or regard.